As a volunteer at Cat Depot, you will have the opportunity to help cats, our visitors, and the community by providing rescue, care, and education.
We are currently looking for individuals preferably with previous animal welfare and/or education experience to fill the following positions.
- Medical Assistants
- Education & Outreach Assistants
- Cat Care Assistants
- 18+ years old
- Must complete orientation and any on-the-job training to be considered for placement
- $25 fee due at orientation to cover t-shirt, name tag and training materials
Teen Volunteers have the option to assist with several community, service, and animal welfare projects.
- Monthly Community Food Bank
- Service projects
- Behavioral support program
- Memorial Garden upkeep
- Minor cat care duties
- 12 – 17 years old
- $20 fee due at information session to cover name tag and training materials *Next informational/training session will take place on February 20th from 3-4:30pm. A parent or guardian must accompany each teen at the session.
Cat Depot offers the following opportunity for students to complete their community service hours for school.
Learn how to host a donation drive for our monthly community food bank to help provide food for hundreds of personal pets in need as well as community/free-roaming cats in Sarasota and Manatee counties.
Program may not be eligible for community service hours. Please check with your guidance counselor.
- 14 – 18 years old
- $10 fee due at information session to cover name tag and training materials
Cat Depot would not be able to save so many lives without its dedicated foster parents.
Our foster care program provides temporary safe and loving homes to kittens and cats until they can return to our center and be adopted by their new family. This program offers a second chance to many animals who would not thrive in a shelter environment.
We are currently looking for individuals who have previously fostered, have shelter experience, and/or has hands on experience working with cats and caring for baby kittens. We are currently looking volunteers to care for:
- Mom & Kittens
- Bottle Babies
- Special Medical Cases
- Must be 18+ (No student volunteers and fostering cannot be used towards service hours)
- Must complete an interview, orientation and foster training
- $25 fee due at orientation to cover t-shirt, name tag and training
- If under 16 years of age, parent / guardian enrollment is require
If you are looking for a way to get your group connected with Cat Depot – look no further!
We are offering volunteer opportunities for groups of as little as five people to as many as 20 people, through our Corporate & Group Volunteer program.
Please contact our Volunteer Office for additional information or to reserve your next volunteer outing at Cat Depot!
Thank you for your interest in serving Cat Depot as a volunteer! Apply for our volunteer program below
After an interview and participation in our orientation, selected volunteer applicants will begin their service and complete on-site training with experienced volunteers and staff.