As a volunteer at Cat Depot, you will have the opportunity to help cats, our visitors, and the community through rescue, care, and education.
- 18+ years old
- Must complete orientation and any on-the-job training to be considered for placement
- $25 fee due at orientation to cover t-shirt, name tag and training materials
Cat Depot offers the following opportunity for students to complete their community service hours for school.
Learn how to host a donation drive for our monthly community food bank to help provide food for hundreds of personal pets in need as well as community/free-roaming cats in Sarasota and Manatee counties.
Program eligible for student community service hours.
- 14 – 18 years old
- $10 fee due at information session to cover name tag and training materials
- 300-500 word essay required at completion of program to obtain final sign-off on hours
If you are looking for a way to get your group connected with Cat Depot – look no further!
We are offering volunteer opportunities for groups of as little as five people to as many as 20 people, through our Corporate & Group Volunteer program.
Please contact our Volunteer Office for additional information or to reserve your next volunteer outing at Cat Depot!
Cat Depot would not be able to save so many lives without its dedicated foster parents.
Our foster care program provides temporary safe and loving homes to kittens and cats until they can return to our center and be adopted by their new family. This program offers a second chance to many animals who would not thrive in a shelter environment.
Fostering is eligible for student community service hours.
- Must complete an interview, orientation and foster training
- $25 fee due at orientation to cover t-shirt, name tag and training
- If under 16 years of age, parent / guardian enrollment is require
Court Ordered Community Service is Also Accepted
- Must be 18 years of age or older with a minimum 20 hours assigned
- Cannot have been charged with a violent crime or grand theft
- Must complete an in-person interview and orientation to be considered for placement
Please contact Cat Depot VIA EMAIL ONLY at email@example.com. You will receive a return email ONLY if space is available within the Court Ordered Community Service program. Please make sure to inquire at other organizations/facilities for placement in the event you do not receive a return email.
Thank you for your interest in serving Cat Depot as a volunteer!
We are currently recruiting for the following positions, and ask that volunteers applying are 18 years or older unless where noted. Thank you for your support of Cat Depot!
Available Positions: please click each for description
Ready to Apply?
Apply for our volunteer program today!
After an interview and participation in our orientation, selected volunteer applicants will begin their service and complete on-site training with experienced volunteers and staff.